:: Re: [DNG] problem with KDE/plasma o…
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] problem with KDE/plasma on Beowulf / pulseaudio too
Sun, 27 Sep 2020 06:25:26 -0400 - "." <bloomu.prof@???>:

> [...]
>
> But I also have issues with LXQT, including similar audio problems as
> what others are posting about.  I just tried to "apt remove" pulseaudio,
> but apt wants to remove lxqt along with it.

Which is one of the main reasons I do not use LXQT and use LXDE
instead...

> So I have a two-part question:  is there some way to get my numeric
> keypad back under KDE ; or how can I remove pulseaudio without removing
> lxqt along with it?

Maybe using dpkg with -r --force-depends.

Should be (Disclaimer: use it at your own risk):

$ sudo dpkg -r --force-depends pulseaudio

> Or do I have to move on to some other UI?  (Okay, part 3 of a 2-part
> question :-)

Probably you do not have to... But why use something that tends to force
the installation of packages that are not desederated (nor desirable)?...

Regards

al3xu5

--
Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and industrial design
restrictions!

Public GPG/PGP key: F94CFE23 (4096 bit RSA)
Key fingerprint:    59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23