:: [DNG] Is t worth the effort for SPF…
Author: terryc
To: dng
CC: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: [DNG] Is t worth the effort for SPF?, DMARC>, DKIM?, etc
On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 17:20:06 +0200
Alessandro Vesely via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> You can also publish DKIM and SPF records so as to produce
> DMARC-aligned authentication for any hosted domain. Users won't
> notice any difference.

Does anyone have any figures on how effective these methods are?
It seems we get a new idea every few years and none make the slightest
difference in spam levels.

The only result is that there is now an industry of religious extremism
in "blacklisting" sites that don't follow their desired implementation.

> Currently, the RFC allows anything in the HELO name.

Brings back memories of my first linux mailer SMTP, where it came with
teo alternative sets of greetings. I always preferred the second option
of;
"Who are you going to pretend to be today" and the response
"Thrilled beyond bladder control to meet you"
and so on.