:: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX host…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Danger: Debian POSIX hostility
On Monday 21 September 2020 at 18:39:43, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 01:46:32PM +0100, Peter Duffy wrote:
> > One thing about this which strikes me as a bit ironic is debian's use of
> > the dash shell, made to be POSIX-compliant, and so causing endless
> > problems for scripts using bash's additional non-POSIX functionality,
> > but not specifying bash explicitly in the shebang line.
>
> Which does Devuan use?

antony@Krombacher:~$ ls -al /bin/sh
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 24 2017 /bin/sh -> dash

antony@Krombacher:~$ cat /etc/devuan_version
ascii

Antony.

--
I wish you the worst day of your life today.

After all, then you know the rest will always be better.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.