:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
On Saturday 05 September 2020 at 19:28:24, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 08:50:32PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
>
> > If you delete lost+found by accident, you can recreate it with
> > mklost+found(8).
>
> So lost+found isn't identified by its file name but by something else
> within the file system? I's as unique aas the root directory?

It's not unique in that sense, but mklost+found pre-allocates space in the
directory so that files can be put there without having to ask the file system
to allocate space for them when needed (which might interfere with the fsck
you're doing at the time, or with other files in the allocation table).

    man mklost+found :)

Antony.

--
In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

- Terry Pratchett

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.