:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 11:25:21PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Delete the contents all you want, but keep the lost and found directory.

If you delete lost+found by accident, you can recreate it with
mklost+found(8).

On Sat, Sep 05, 2020 at 12:26:21PM +0900, Simon Walter wrote:
> Reallocation, to my knowledge, should happen in the background. It's
> *possible* that the reallocation event and the FS corruption are unrelated.

My understanding is that the drive won't attempt to reallocate a
sector until that sector is written to. So, if the e2fsck -f did try
to write to that sector, the drive did reallocate it in the
background. I do stand to be corrected as always.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1