:: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
Author: golinux
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Can this drive be saved?
On 2020-09-04 19:24, spiralofhope wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Sep 2020 15:03:55 -0500
> golinux@??? wrote:
>
>> ...2 new 500 GB WD Black drives...
>
> You have good taste.

LOL! It's a learning process if you're paying attention. Note that the
funky drive I'm currently playing with is a 1 TB WD Caviar Green. I've
had a Black arrive DOA but once they are running it's always been like
the Energizer Bunny. Not sure if they still have the 5 yr. warranty
though . . .

While I'm here I'll post the Selective Self-test log which supposedly
completed without error a few minutes ago. It took just over 4 hours. It
doesn't look quite right to me; I thought there would be more verbose
details. Am I missing something? I have never run this test before:

Complete selective self-test log:

SMART Selective self-test log data structure revision number 1
  SPAN  MIN_LBA  MAX_LBA  CURRENT_TEST_STATUS
     1        0        0  Not_testing
     2        0        0  Not_testing
     3        0        0  Not_testing
     4        0        0  Not_testing
     5        0        0  Not_testing
Selective self-test flags (0x0):
   After scanning selected spans, do NOT read-scan remainder of disk.
If Selective self-test is pending on power-up, resume after 0 minute
delay.

Some comments on exactly what that means would be appreciated. Do I need
to do something else? Should I now have more confidence in this drive?

Thanks again.

golinux