:: [DNG] Dbus services file names
Author: Alessandro Vesely
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Dbus services file names
Hi

at boot, I get messages like:

    dbus-daemon[1918]: [system] Service file "X" should have been named "Xn" and will not work with system bus activation

Where some values for X and Xn are as follows:

X                                                                              Xn
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.UserPrompter.service org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.UserPrompter0.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook.service  org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook9.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar.service     org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Calendar7.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.Caribou.Antler.service                    org.gnome.Caribou.Keyboard.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/obex-data-server.service                            org.openobex.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.FileRoller.ArchiveManager1.service        org.gnome.ArchiveManager1.service
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources.service      org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.Sources5.service

Files X belong to their own packages. Are they meant to be reported as package bugs? What does numbering depend on?

BTW, I use openbox, not gnome. Yet, have lots of gnome packages...

BTW2, perhaps I have a somewhat broken d-bus settings, I often get messages like:

    dbind-WARNING **: 13:56:59.823: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Any help?

TIA
Ale