:: [DNG] "directory entry"
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] "directory entry"
On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 12:39:28AM +0400, Dimitri Minaev via Dng wrote:
> Directory entry?

A good term. Close to what I mean.

Of course I really want it to describe what a directory entry points to.
But it's an established convention to name a pointer or thunk what it
points to, so that's not too bad.

I think the quest to find a term that's traditional in the Unix/Linux
community is probably hopeless.

As of now, I'll settle for something better than Thing.

-- hendrik