:: Re: [DNG] LightDM password expired …
Author: Adam Borowski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] LightDM password expired localization
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 04:17:39PM +0200, Joril via Dng wrote:
> I'm testing out what happens on Beowulf when a user password expires. The
> process isn't very user-friendly, but the biggest problem is that not all
> the messages from the UI are localized (the machine will be used by
> non-technical people).
> Even though the rest of the UI gets shown in my language, here's what I'm
> seeing when my password expires:
>
> 1) I type the current (old) password
> 2) The message "Changing password for (user)" appears
> 3) I retype the old password
> 4) "New password" appears and I type it
> 6) "Retype new password" appears
>
> I'm using LightDM with the GTK greeter.
>
> Any hint on what I could try to change those messages?

I've searched for them, and it appears the messages come not from lightdm
but from pam. And indeed, you can find them in the pam package, /po/
directory. So you'd need to fill in missing translation strings for your
language -- and rebuild pam.

And most importantly, please submit your translations upstream!

Meow.
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁