:: Re: [DNG] my experience upgrading t…
Author: tom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] my experience upgrading to NFT
On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 09:10:46 -0700
Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> wrote:

> On 2020-08-02 22:35, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> > Does iptables still work on beowulf?
>
> As long as you use update-alternatives to choose
> /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy. Please see the other subthreads - I am new
> to this topic myself, in fact I have not realized until today that I
> was running nftables for months on buster :-P
>
> > And am I right in assuming that "nftables" does *not* stand for
> > New-Fangled Tables? :-)
>
> netfilter tables, AFAIK

Yes, it's an optional upgrade for now. Just be sure that you migrate to
nft after upgrading to beowulf. In my testing nft in ASCII is pretty
broken.

/ Our documentation manager was showing \
| her 2 year old son around the office.  |
| He was introduced to me, at which time |
| he pointed out that we were both       |
| holding bags of popcorn. We were both  |
| holding bottles of juice. But only     |
| *__??he* had a lollipop.               |
| He asked his mother, "Why doesn't HE   |
| have a lollipop?"                      |
| Her reply: "He can have a lollipop any |
| time he wants to. That's what it means |

\ to be a programmer."                   /
\
 \
   /\   /\