:: Re: [DNG] my experience upgrading t…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] my experience upgrading to NFT
On Sun, Aug 02, 2020 at 03:36:46PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2020-08-02 17:00, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
> > > I upgraded one of my larger and more complex servers from ASCII to
> > > Beowulf. Switching to NFT was very easy after the upgrade. Just
> > > create
> >
> > What is NFT?
>
> nftables, the slowly arriving successor to iptables.

Thank you.

So iptables is slowly being phased out and I gather it is advisable to
switch to the new system.

Does iptables still work on beowulf? It's just that I'd like to be
able to back out of an attempt to switch to nftables in case I need the
net to ask for advice if it doesn't work.

And am I right in assuming that "nftables" does *not* stand for
New-Fangled Tables? :-)

-- hendrik