:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-07-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-07-09
# Devuan meet 2020-07-09 @20:30 UTC

Present: rrq, fsr, bgstack15, onefang, leepen, golinux, plasma41, Beer

## Old Business

## Old Actions

### rrq
* infrastructure admin
* gitlab is now dormant
* ipv6 is set up across the infrastructure

https://git.devuan.org/devuan/infrastructure_doc/src/branch/master/ganeti_cluster/networking.adoc
  * new approach for external ipv4 tunneling to/from VMs (avoiding
    additional virtual cabling)

https://git.devuan.org/devuan/infrastructure_doc/src/branch/master/ganeti_cluster/ganeti-hosts-VPNs.md
  * dev1galaxy oath2 login modified to use gitea.
  * gitea spammerbot up and running.
    https://git.devuan.org/devuan/gitea-spammerblock

## New Business

### LeePen
* ceres/chimaera packaging
  * new: network-manager, cgroupfs-mount (thanks RhineDevil)
  * updates: pdns-recursor, util-linux, init-system-helpers,
    dnscrypt-proxy, dbus
* (bgstack15)
  * debian bug tracking the systemd dependency for php7.4-fpm (from
    [forum](https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=3668)) is
    [959174](https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=959174)
* (fsr) thermald dropped sysvinit script (LeePen) Was dropped between
  stretch and buster.

### bgstack15
* preparing for migration of deb.devuan.org handling at ns1. Need to
  coordinate with onefang who will set up decision logic for automatic
  disabling/enabling of mirrors. (onefang) I should pull my finger out
  and get that done.  lol
  * apt-panopticon has been running the basic "in or out of DNS-RR"
    check for a while now.  I'll check back through the history to see
    how well that has been going.
  * There has been some reliability issues on veritas / napier's
    apt-panopticon that I'm still investigating.  I suspect some odd
    caching issue in the web server.  Oh, someone messed with it's web
    server recently, can't access the test results at all now.
  * I think we should add a "should be part of the DNS-RR" field to
    https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/mirror_list.txt as that is the source
    of truth I have been using for the testing, except for doing a
    lookup of deb.devuan.org to get who IS in the DNS-RR.  If we are
    scripting that to decide who is in, need a different source of
    truth, and everything else is already in that file.
  * I also think we should be more consistant in that file, especially
    with using proper country codes, so we can use that to create
    CC.deb.devuan.org on the fly when we modify the deb.devuan.org DNS
    entries automatically.  But this can be for the future.
  * Borta's testing should move from once an hour to every ten minutes
    like the other two testing servers.  Can borta handle that load rrq?
* started on the 3.1.0 iso building
  * need to coordinate with LeePen for the definitive 3.1 point in time
    (after certain packages?)
    * we are waiting on eudev before we can do the 3.1 release
  * adding list of dependencies for building the iso artifacts. Many
    deps are not documented yet!

### onefang
* My Internet is being flaky this morning, keeps dropping out. I'll try
to be here, but can't make any promises. B-(

## New Actions
* (gl) Note about vdc.dyne.org being unusable sent to Alv and jaromil