:: [DNG] GNU Shepherd user services
Author: al3xu5 / dotcommon
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] GNU Shepherd user services

Hello everyone

I came across recently on GNU Shepherd user services:

`The GNU Daemon Shepherd or GNU Shepherd, formerly known as GNU dmd, is a
service manager that looks after the herd of system services. It provides a
replacement for the service-managing capabilities of SysV-init (or any other
init) with a both powerful and beautiful dependency-based system with a
convenient interface.` [1]

As an initial introduction, I took a look, among other things, at the pages at
the links that I report below.

Also to help me better understand what it is (my knowledge of service-managing
is at user level, and therefore not very thorough), I would be interested in
reading your comments and considerations.

Thanks in advance
Best regards

Refs:

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/shepherd/

[2] https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2020/gnu-shepherd-user-services/

[3] https://www.gnu.org/software/shepherd/manual/shepherd.html

[4] https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/shepherd/

[5] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2013-11/msg00065.html

--
al3xu5

Say NO to copyright, patents, trademarks and any industrial design restrictions.
Public GPG/PGP key
ID:           4096 bit RSA key F94CFE23
Fingerprint:  59C6 9DC7 CD4B CF2F A190  E3DE 69C5 977B F94C FE23