:: [DNG] terminal paste failure
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] terminal paste failure
Last night for some reason I can no lonter paste text selected in
nano to another nano document with the middle mouse button. It seems
to have failed in the course of the night.

I've been running Beowulf ever since the beta. I don't have a desktop
environment but rely on fluxbox for window management.

The problem affects both root and user. It does not affect selecting
and pasting between GUI applications such aa emacs. It affects both
eterm and mlterm. eTerm puzzles me. I installed xterm, but it runs
eterm.

Clearing the caches did not help:

$ xsel -cp && xsel -cs && xsel -cb

Selected text shows up in xcliboard, and so the problem seems to be
with pasting.

I tried Ctl-Shift-c and Ctl-Shift-v without luck.

I tried Ctl-w to cut a work, but Ctl-y did not paste it.

I repladed the (wireless) mouse and used it in a different port.
Reconfiguring xserver-xorg and rebooting did not help.

However, an old wired USB mouse does not suffer from the problem.

Haines Brown