:: Re: [devuan-dev] Management of LXC-…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: RhineDevil
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Management of LXC-templates
On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 05:28:32PM +0200, RhineDevil wrote:
> Just fixed what you said, I'll push the changes after your answer.

Thanks

> About Standards and debhelper versions I don't get why they should be updated. I don't wanna be pushy or argue a lot about that but:
> 1- the package was made with these parameters, by raising them we'll make the
> life harder to whoever wants to package them on older distros without reasons

But we are packaging for Devuan unstable.

> 2- https://git.devuan.org/devuan/network-manager (last edit by jaromil 2 weeks
> ago) has them even lower than my package

I am not sure where you find that. The last commit in that repo I can see is
2017.

> If it's needed or (strongly?) advised I'll do as you said, but in general if
> something works with both new and old standards I'd prefer keeping
> retrocompatibility (?)

But, no matter. If you don't want to, it probably won't matter. But you will
have to bump the debhelper compat before too long, because 9 will probably cease
to work after the next release.

Hope that helps.

Mark