:: Re: [devuan-dev] Management of LXC-…
Author: RhineDevil
To: Mark Hindley
CC: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Management of LXC-templates
Wed, 1 Jul 2020 14:29:03 +0100 Mark Hindley <mark@???>:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2020 at 03:21:45PM +0200, RhineDevil wrote:
> > > Mark
> >
> > Could you tell me if the package is good enough to ship ehrr being moved to
> > devuan namespace and being merged into devuan repo?
>
> Hi.
>
> I had left a note for you on #devuan-irc.
>
> Yes, much better. Just a couple of things:-
>
>  - Changelog should reference unstable rather than beowulf.
>  - d/control should have 'Origin: Devuan' either before or after the Vcs-*
>    fields.

> Also (but not cruicial now) the Standards and debhelper versions are really old
> (run lintian and you will see the warnings). Fancy updating them?
>
> Then I think it should be ready.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Just fixed what you said, I'll push the changes after your answer. About Standards and debhelper versions I don't get why they should be updated. I don't wanna be pushy or argue a lot about that but:
1- the package was made with these parameters, by raising them we'll make the life harder to whoever wants to package them on older distros without reasons
2- https://git.devuan.org/devuan/network-manager (last edit by jaromil 2 weeks ago) has them even lower than my package

If it's needed or (strongly?) advised I'll do as you said, but in general if something works with both new and old standards I'd prefer keeping retrocompatibility (?)