:: [DNG] annoying pulse symlinks
Author: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [DNG] annoying pulse symlinks
This is a Debian question, but I don't expect any difference between
Debian and Devuan in these matters, and I feel I have a better chance
getting a useful answer here.

Roughly once in a blue moon, "something somewhere" creates a symlink of
the form

~/.config/pulse/08708c6cd6764173b7a41bdbc6995778-runtime ->
/tmp/pulse-zZVyptPvnw4G

Needless to say I don't use pulseaudio. However libpulse0 package is
installed as a dependency of several other audio libraries, among them
libavdevice and libsdl.

This drives me nuts because:

+ my /tmp is a tmpfs so the target of this link, if it ever existed,
disappears with a reboot

+ I am a cleanliness freak so I run a cronjob that checks for dangling
symlinks

So, what could be creating these links, and how can it be stopped?

--
Ian