:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4 random re…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Pavel Machek, Tony Lindgren
CC: maemo-leste, nekit1000, martin_rysavy, mpartap, sre
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4 random reboots, battery charging issues
Hi Pavel,

On 02/06/2020 21:42, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried Leste + unicsy demo overnight twice... found out just Leste
> running in the morning, and short uptime -> it rebooted during
> night. In both cases it was on battery power.
>
> I remember reboots on self compiled versions, too. OTOH... OTOH I
> believe it was stable when on USB power. Let me check.

We've been debugging this for a few days on IRC. Tony also posted
various patches that should help, there might be more issues remaining,
but it looks like timeouts reading battery and thermal drivers reporting
abnormal values are both part of the problem, and then there was a pm
issue in serial that caused panics on reboot/poweroff, which in turned
caused the watchdog to reset the device.

This is a very short summary, and I'm not sure if the issue is fixed
yet, but we're trying various things.

> Plus... we really need to do something about "battery full" detection.
>
> I'm watching Leste connected to USB charger: 0.00A for 3 seconds 1
> second charging, 3 seconds off, 7 seconds charging, .... That's bad
> bad bad -- it will shorten battery lifespan. We should really stop
> charging the battery and power the phone from the USB.

Agreed, I think this is the right thing to do as well.

Cheers,
Merlijn