:: Re: [Bricolabs] Video conferencing …
Author: .vlax.
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Video conferencing & distance learning, BigBlueButton
Hello

On 29/05/20 14:37, Paula Vélez wrote:
> Dear Carsten,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to do it and to share it with us.

yes, thank you very much for your very important effort :)

> I have the same worries than you lately and have been refusing
> meetings when it is on zoom.

:(

I was not able to refuse zoom many times due to job requirements that
sometimes offers MSteams as an option

> Lately I had also tested the BBB and it is a very good tool. Works
> very well, it is friendly and has interesting possibilities for meetings,

 good to know , a few days ago I was reading in slashdot a poll about
options to videoconferencing and some people were saying basically the
same about BBB, so is worth to try it

> Thank you again to share the server and the bbb. I will probably try
> it soon since I've been using jitsi.
> By the way, there is a friend that made this trackin jitsi instances
> to see which one is the best at the precise moment
> where the connection will be.
>
> https://ladatano.partidopirata.com.ar/jitsimeter/

I still have no luck with Jitsi under GNU/linux (devuan, with chromium &
firefox-esr) :(

I already tried with a dozen of public Jitsi instances and is always the
same : I can't hear or I can't talk even if browser is accepting mic,
and etc... dunno

> But now I will use your link for a meeting I will have soon, then I
> will give you feedback about how it worked.

yep, same here

ciao!