:: Re: [DNG] LILO Framebuffer and X sc…
Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] LILO Framebuffer and X screen resolution
On 2020-05-23 14:36, Marc Shapiro via Dng wrote:

> I have been using Debian for the last 20+ years. I don't like systemd
> and that has kept me on Stretch, where I can still use SysV as init. I
> have tried several times to upgrade to Buster without SysV, but have
> had no luck. So here I am at Devuan.

You probably already know this, but just in case:

You can do a minimal buster install. That will give you systemd but it
will be quite easy to replace it with sysvinit before installing any
more packages. It is easier than it was in jessie and stretch in fact.

Yes, this would mean you need to reinstall all packages, but even that
is no big deal with dpkg --{get,set}-selections.

This is what I have done - I decided that devuan stable was too far
behind with package versions for a desktop system.

--
Ian