:: Re: [DNG] Has anybody else experien…
Author: tom
To: dng
CC: g4sra
Subject: Re: [DNG] Has anybody else experienced Raspberry Pi breakage ?
On Sun, 17 May 2020 13:20:13 +0100
g4sra via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I have an old Rpi 2B that will boot its original Raspbian fine but
> panics 'killing init' on Devuan. Has anybody else experienced this ?
>
> The only difference I can discern is that the Devuan repository
> executables (init) are compiled as PIE. Any suggestions to further
> the diagnosis of this issue gratefully received.

I ran Devuan on the pi for a while. It kept breaking because of the
insane mount options for the root partition on the sd card that
disables all filesystem safety. I'd suggest running debsums on the pi
and seeing if disk corruptions have occurred. Alternatively I have
switched to using NetBSD 9 on my pis and it's been a much more stable,
reliable, and predictable experience.

/ Matz's Law:                             \

| A conclusion is the place where you got |

\ tired of thinking.                      /
\
 \
   /\   /\