:: Re: [DNG] Has anybody else experien…
Author: g4sra
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Has anybody else experienced Raspberry Pi breakage ?
On 17/05/2020 20:26, Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> Anno domini 2020 Sun, 17 May 13:20:13 +0100
> g4sra via Dng scripsit:
>> I have an old Rpi 2B that will boot its original Raspbian fine but panics 'killing init' on Devuan.
>> Has anybody else experienced this ?
>>
>> The only difference I can discern is that the Devuan repository executables (init) are compiled as PIE.
>> Any suggestions to further the diagnosis of this issue gratefully received.
>
> I have devuan running o a A+. I did not see this here. Maybe your SD card is broken?

Its not the SD, it boots fine in a Pi3.
There is no problem with the kernel, DT,s, config.txt, cmdline.txt (or the PSU).
Everything is hunky dory until /sbin/init is loaded by the kernel.
This is possibly an ARMv6 ~ ARMv7 BCM toolchain issue.

Devuans init differs from Raspbians SystemD... PIE and the GLIBC so
Devuan must have used a different toolchain to Raspbian.

I need pointers what\where to poke next...