:: Re: [DNG] Check default_transport i…
Author: tuxd3v
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Check default_transport if you can't send email through Postfix
hi,

Citando Rick Moen via Dng <dng@???>:

> Quoting Ian Zimmerman (itz@???):
>> Hi Rick :)
>
> Greetings, friend!
>> Is there a reference to a Debian mailing list (or a similar digital
>> history document) where the decision to switch to Postfix was taken?
>
> Upon re-examination, I believe I erred, and Exim4 remains Default MTA in
> Debian, albeit arguing over that vs. Postfix appears to be a sempiternal
> flamewar^W discussion.

Exim4 is a very good MTA,

Pseudo Operating systems like IBM RedHat, uses Postfix,
Interestingly enough is that IBM started Postfix, but they use the
good old Sendmail in Aix :)

Postfix is multi-threaded,
The only thing it has in favor( we could join to that a simpler way of
configuration, no m4 needed like Sendmail),
it consumes horrendous amounts of resources.. with no explanation for
such hog resources behavior.. but it lacks a ton of features from
Exim4( based in Sendmail )..

They are targeted at different audiences, and this is the root of
"disagreement"..

Postfix is for newbies, or for RedHat limited fanboys,

Exim4 is for diehard Administrators, serious admins that dominate the
"art of the sword" and understand its power,
Also Sendmail is for top Samurai Warriors..

Because they don't serve the same audience at all,
There are always such flamewars discussions..

[ The Wannabe vs The Samurai ]

One audience with its limited knowledge, doesn't understand the other,
And the other, refuses to use Postfix because they understand the
"power of the sword" present in Exim4/Sendmail..

This is the most simple way, I think about them..
Remember that even IBM that made available Postfix, continues to use
Sendmail in Aix :)

You can't ask to a blind guy to drive a F1 Race Car..
I think each one should use what is most tailored to his knowledge/role..

Best Regards,