:: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Dev…
Author: Riccardo Mottola
To: aitor, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan ASCII
Hello Aitor,

aitor wrote:

> The issue was the same as you pointed out: that is, the version of the
> compiler. It worked for me
> only with gcc-6. Trying with gcc-7 the build process ends upwith the
> mentioned non declared functions.
> No idea about a possible solution so far.About the missing symbols you
> say you're getting,
> they might be related with the use of-jN together with higher versions
> of gcc. It happened to me building
> bulmages a few years ago,an accounting program, when we were migrating
> it from Qt4 to Qt5: using -j1 it worked.
> All the same, i tried with gcc-7, and the strtol function (declared in
> <stdlib.h> without any precompiler directive)
> was not recognized.

no unfortunately it is not as simple as compiling with -j1.
I am pretty sure it has to do with gcc7 and linux (since as said, on
NetBSD I can compile with gcc7 amd -j2!)

I will ask generally for help, perhaps. It would help me a lot fixing
this. Maybe there are some firefox commits that fiexd it between FF 45
and 52-esr.

As you noticed it fails with "standard" thigns like strtol and atoi...

Riccardo