:: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Dev…
Author: aitor
To: Riccardo Mottola, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan ASCII
Hi Riccardo,

On 13/5/20 9:47, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> Hi Aitor,
>
> aitor wrote:
>>> ... or the requirement of a C linkage?
>>>
>> Forget that, the origin of the issue is in the mozconfig file, i guess.
>>
> what was the issue? please tell me.
>

> I get missing symbols if I use any compiler newer than gcc 6.5 on linux
> (e.g. gcc 7, gcc8).
>
> So on Devuan/ascii with gcc 6.5 everything "still" builds out of the box
> both i686 and amd64.
>
> I found no solution for the gcc version yet, but e.g. on NetBSD gcc 7
> works perfectly! so strange
>
> Riccardo

The issue was the same as you pointed out: that is, the version of the
compiler. It worked for me
only with gcc-6. Trying with gcc-7 the build process ends upwith the
mentioned non declared functions.
No idea about a possible solution so far.About the missing symbols you
say you're getting,
they might be related with the use of-jN together with higher versions
of gcc. It happened to me building
bulmages a few years ago,an accounting program, when we were migrating
it from Qt4 to Qt5: using -j1 it worked.
All the same, i tried with gcc-7, and the strtol function (declared in
<stdlib.h> without any precompiler directive)
was not recognized.

Cheers,

Aitor.