Author: Pavel Machek Date: To: Tony Lindgren CC: maemo-leste, nekit1000, martin_rysavy, mpartap, sre Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Grand plan to get make phones... phone (for
Motorola Droid 4)
> * Tony Lindgren <tony@???> [200509 20:42]:
> > Below are the initial v5.7 kernel based branches at .
> > We now use the generic serdev-ngsm driver with the standard /dev/gsmtty*
> > devices spun up by n_gsm instead of the custom /dev/motmdm* devices like
> > we did earlier. This means all the commands must prefix the Motorola
> > custom packet ID to the commands like:
> > printf "U1234AT+CFUN?\r" > /dev/gsmtty1
> I got the minimal ofono updates done for serdev-ngsm and pushed out the
> changes into a new branc motmdm-serdev-ngsm on github at  below.
> I ended up adding few more gatchat patches. It's still unsure if we
> end up using any of those, that depends on the outcome of Pavel's work.
> Anyways, the current gatchat related commits are now:
I believe I got the basics right. Separate motchat is the way to go.
1) protocol is packet-based, not character-based.
2) in AT you got
> AT+TELL_ME_SOMETHING < IT_IS_42
while in motmdm it is:
> U0005AT+TELL_ME < U0005OK:IT_IS_42
I believe that's why commands/responses are getting delayed in Tony's
case... AFAICT lot of complexity in atchat is collecting the multiple
lines, including handling stuff like