:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Hi,

> On 9/4/20 18:16, Didier Kryn wrote:
>>     I remember this was also the case in a previous version, wether
>> Jessie or Ascii. Obviously this isn't an issue when upgrading. I also
>> remind you that the startup delay caused by the timed-out activation
>> of the Ethernet interface (when not plugged in) is still there with
>> the default interfaces file. The solution is to remove the clause
>> "allow-hotplug eth0" and install ifupdown or the equivalent I have
>> forgotten the name of.
>>
>>     Didier

ifupdown2 is another project similar to ifupdown, but developed in
python by other people and having nothing to do each other.

Btw, i'm getting another startup delay in gnuinos beowulf and it seems
to be related with openssh-server waiting for enough entropy
in the system. A possible solution for that is to install an entropy
generator like haveged or rng-tools (i'm building a new iso image right
now), but
i guess that the best approach is to upgrade the kernel of gnuinos from
4.18.x to 4.19.x and enable the CONFIG_RANDOM_TEST_CPU variable.
I've just deblobed the kernel of debian buster and i'm packaging it:

http://gnuinos.org/linux-libre-4.19.67/linux-libre-4.19.67-gnu.log

Cheers,

Aitor.