:: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono vers…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono version, usb networking was Re: Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200424 10:02]:
> On Thu 2020-04-23 08:44:54, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200421 19:38]:
> > > Outgoing is easy. Incoming may be more tricky.
> > >
> > > We should really switch the code not to use AT code at all.
> >
> > Based on my experiments we cannot re-route the notifications
> > away from the /dev/motmdm* devices to the qmimodem. So it seems
> > at least incoming voice and sms need to be handled via /dev/motmdm*.
> > Probably also USSD.
>
> That was not what I meant.
>
> We are currently using /dev/motmdm <-> ofono/gatchat "AT parsing" <-> ofono/drivers/motorolamodem .
>
> But the motmdm does not really talk AT commands, they just happen to
> have "AT" in them. gatchat really does more harm than good. We should
> avoid using it.

Ah OK yes I agree the modem is not AT compatible.

> > > _USB_ networking. I need that to do any hacking on the phone.
> >
> > Oh I see via the OTG port, not qmicli using the modem over
> > OCHI :)
> >
> > I guess you could just configure acm and ecm on the OTG interface
> > via configfs and have your phone charged while you do that.
>
> I don't know what acm/ecm is, but I have USB networking working, and
> that includes 500mA charge from the USB port. Not _great_, but...

Sounds like you're still using the old style USB gadgets. You can
configure a multi function gadget with using configfs where g_acm
is a USB serial port and g_ecm is a USB ethernet port.

> Unfortunately USB networking still disconnects rather often; lets say
> 5 times an hour. Still usable, but a bit annoying.

Hmm maybe you have a broken micro-USB connector?

Regards,

Tony