:: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono vers…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono version, usb networking was Re: Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4
On Thu 2020-04-23 08:44:54, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200421 19:38]:
> > Outgoing is easy. Incoming may be more tricky.
> >
> > We should really switch the code not to use AT code at all.
>
> Based on my experiments we cannot re-route the notifications
> away from the /dev/motmdm* devices to the qmimodem. So it seems
> at least incoming voice and sms need to be handled via /dev/motmdm*.
> Probably also USSD.

That was not what I meant.

We are currently using /dev/motmdm <-> ofono/gatchat "AT parsing" <-> ofono/drivers/motorolamodem .

But the motmdm does not really talk AT commands, they just happen to
have "AT" in them. gatchat really does more harm than good. We should
avoid using it.

> > _USB_ networking. I need that to do any hacking on the phone.
>
> Oh I see via the OTG port, not qmicli using the modem over
> OCHI :)
>
> I guess you could just configure acm and ecm on the OTG interface
> via configfs and have your phone charged while you do that.

I don't know what acm/ecm is, but I have USB networking working, and
that includes 500mA charge from the USB port. Not _great_, but...

Unfortunately USB networking still disconnects rather often; lets say
5 times an hour. Still usable, but a bit annoying.

Best regards,
                                    Pavel