:: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono vers…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Tony Lindgren
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono version, usb networking was Re: Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4
Hi!

> > > OK pushed out the changes for making sending and receiving sms to
> > > work [0][1]. So this is with motorolamodem receiving sms, and qmimodem
> > > sending out the sms.
> > >
> > > Merlijn, not sure if you can already do that, but sending MMS might
> > > also now work :)
> >
> > Fun.. so.. there's something very wrong there. Like incoming call
> > being delayed till I try to dial out outgoing call. Unfortunately
> > motmdm is very different from normal AT semantics.
>
> Yeah so I was wondering about all the features in motorolamodem
> voicecall if they work or not. Care to check which parts should
> be left out?

I believe this is one of the ugly hacks I had to do in AT parser...

> Also, aybe we can eventually also switch calls to use qmimodem for
> outgoing calls and use motorolamodem only for incoming calls to
> leverage more of the qmi code. But the qmimodem did not work the
> last time I tried for calling, so that's not an immediate solution.

Outgoing is easy. Incoming may be more tricky.

We should really switch the code not to use AT code at all.

> > Plus fun does not end it with reboot. Would it make sense to
> > powercycle the GSM during the boot?
>
> OK sounds like we need handling for that in phy-mapphone-mdm6600.
> Does poweroff cut the call though?

Not sure, I may check. There may be more than one problem with poweroff.

> > Or is there way to force GSM on/off during runtime to get
> >
> > Ouch and some good news too -- it seems usb networking is usable with
> > Linux devuan 5.7.0-rc2-next-20200420-00004-ge0147803414f . I hope it
> > is not because of some subtle effect, like battery charge...
>
> Do you mean it now works with ofono? With qmicli it has been working
> for few years already :)

_USB_ networking. I need that to do any hacking on the phone.

GPRS ... qmicli solution is good enough for me for now.

Best regards,
                                    Pavel