:: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono vers…
Author: Tony Lindgren
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, Sebastian Reichel, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Tony's ofono version, usb networking was Re: Hack for ofono gobi qmi interface for droid4
* Pavel Machek <pavel@???> [200421 12:51]:
> Hi!
>
> > > ..yeah still need to debug that and look at the n_gsm data logs.
> >
> > OK pushed out the changes for making sending and receiving sms to
> > work [0][1]. So this is with motorolamodem receiving sms, and qmimodem
> > sending out the sms.
> >
> > Merlijn, not sure if you can already do that, but sending MMS might
> > also now work :)
>
> Fun.. so.. there's something very wrong there. Like incoming call
> being delayed till I try to dial out outgoing call. Unfortunately
> motmdm is very different from normal AT semantics.

Yeah so I was wondering about all the features in motorolamodem
voicecall if they work or not. Care to check which parts should
be left out?

Also, aybe we can eventually also switch calls to use qmimodem for
outgoing calls and use motorolamodem only for incoming calls to
leverage more of the qmi code. But the qmimodem did not work the
last time I tried for calling, so that's not an immediate solution.

> Plus fun does not end it with reboot. Would it make sense to
> powercycle the GSM during the boot?

OK sounds like we need handling for that in phy-mapphone-mdm6600.
Does poweroff cut the call though?

> Or is there way to force GSM on/off during runtime to get
>
> Ouch and some good news too -- it seems usb networking is usable with
> Linux devuan 5.7.0-rc2-next-20200420-00004-ge0147803414f . I hope it
> is not because of some subtle effect, like battery charge...

Do you mean it now works with ofono? With qmicli it has been working
for few years already :)

Regards,

Tony