:: Re: [DNG] Avoid systemd as build de…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Avoid systemd as build dependency
Hi Yevgeny,

On 19/4/20 16:49, Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky via Dng wrote:
> Hi community.
>
> could someone point out the proper way of avoiding systemd build dependency?
>
> I find some packages require it at build time.
> https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/issues/328 for example.
>
> It builds fine without it, however debian maintainers need it for their reasons.

The debian branch is very well done:

https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/tree/master/packaging/debian

After removing all the stuff related with systemd, my first attempt failed
because dh_usrlocal must be overridden, i guess (this issue has nothing
to do with systemd).
On the other hand, i added another dependency to debian/control:
*libdistro-info-perl*,
even not being mandatory, in order to avoid a warning when using "gbp
dch" for the changelog.
Give me a couple of hours, and i'll give you a link to the packages.
I'm under devuan beowulf, and i'm working with the latest release 3.31
instead of the master branch.

Cheers,

Aitor.