:: Re: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-bui…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Javier Palacios
CC: maemo-leste, Ivan J.
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-build requirements
Hi,

On 19/04/2020 11:02, Javier Palacios wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 1:15 AM Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 18/04/2020 13:35, Javier Palacios wrote:
>>> apt build-dep -y hildon-desktop -a arm64
>>> [...]
>>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>>  builddeps:hildon-desktop:arm64 : Depends: libhildondesktop1-dev:arm64
>> but
>>> it is not going to be installed
>>>                                   Depends: libhildonmime-dev:arm64 but it
>>> is not going to be installed
>>> E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

>> I will try to repeat this cross build setup, but I wonder if you can try
>> to run build-dep on for example libhildondesktop1-dev, and see what that
>> blocks on? Or at least figure out why the package "is not going to be
>> installed"?
>>

> What I tried (a few days ago when discovered this, not yesterday for
> reporting) was to build the missing requirements from sources. An using my
> memory, the source package for libhildonmime was unavailable, but for the
> libhildondesktop source side I found also more missing requirements. I was
> able to trace down some of them up to squeeze repositories (libhildon if
> I'm right), but every step ended in even more missing requirements.
> I tried also the same path for armhf architecture with basically the same
> results.

So all the sources for our packages should be available with this line
in /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb-src https://maedevu.maemo.org/leste beowulf main contrib non-free

But indeed, looks like the source packages is not available:

# apt source libhildonmime
Reading package lists... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for libhildonmime

Source is also on github [1]

It looks like there is a "Source:" section in debian/control though. Weird.

I just asked Parazyd and he said that during some repo mangling that
happened a while ago we perhaps lost some packages in deb-src.

I'll work with him and get them all rebuilt, so that we'll have the
proper entries in deb-src. One reason I am reluctant to build everything
again right now is that it might mess with the init scripts
installation. We need to fix something in OpenRC so that it doesn't get
confused by the LSB headers (either being present or missing)

Meanwhile, you might want to just git clone the repos you need from
github instead.

Cheers,
Merlijn

[1] git://github.com/maemo-leste/libhildonmime