:: Re: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-bui…
Author: Javier Palacios
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste, Ivan J.
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-build requirements
On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 1:15 AM Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 18/04/2020 13:35, Javier Palacios wrote:
> > apt build-dep -y hildon-desktop -a arm64
> > [...]
> >  builddeps:hildon-desktop:arm64 : Depends: libhildondesktop1-dev:arm64
> but
> > it is not going to be installed
> >                                   Depends: libhildonmime-dev:arm64 but it
> > is not going to be installed
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

> I will try to repeat this cross build setup, but I wonder if you can try
> to run build-dep on for example libhildondesktop1-dev, and see what that
> blocks on? Or at least figure out why the package "is not going to be
> installed"?

What I tried (a few days ago when discovered this, not yesterday for
reporting) was to build the missing requirements from sources. An using my
memory, the source package for libhildonmime was unavailable, but for the
libhildondesktop source side I found also more missing requirements. I was
able to trace down some of them up to squeeze repositories (libhildon if
I'm right), but every step ended in even more missing requirements.
I tried also the same path for armhf architecture with basically the same
results.

JaviP