:: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-build r…
Author: Javier Palacios
To: maemo-leste
Subject: [maemo-leste] Missing cross-build requirements
Hello,

I'm trying to build hildon-desktop to try to debug portrait mode on
pinephone, and it seems that some arm build requirements are not available
on repositories.

apt build-dep -y hildon-desktop -a arm64
[...]
 builddeps:hildon-desktop:arm64 : Depends: libhildondesktop1-dev:arm64 but
it is not going to be installed
                                  Depends: libhildonmime-dev:arm64 but it
is not going to be installed

For amd64 all requirements are in place, and the package can be built
without problems, but not for arm64 or armhf targets.

To allow for repeatability, I've started from the 20200324 virtual machine,
to setup there the crossbuilding environments, running the commands below

JaviP

---

sed -i -e '5 s/^/# /' /etc/apt/sources.list
sed -i -e 's/^#deb /deb /' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/devuan.list
sed -n -e 's/^deb /deb-src /p' /etc/apt/sources.list
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sources.list
dpkg --add-architecture armhf
dpkg --add-architecture arm64
apt update
apt upgrade -y
apt install -y debhelper build-essential crossbuild-essential-arm64
crossbuild-essential-armhf