:: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Dev…
Author: Dimitris
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan ASCII
hey,

On 4/14/20 10:23 AM, Edward Bartolo via Dng wrote:
> I upgraded Ascii to Beowulf and successfully used the new version of
> Waterfox. However, there are certain issues like a missing copy of
> dpkg-reconfigure.

does running `/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure` work?

that could happen because of a broken $PATH for root.

I also noticed that Beowulf now comes with more
> stringent security. A side effect of the increased security caused my
> version of simple-netaid-gui, the one coded under Lazarus, to fail in
> accessing certain directories. The SUID backend is also denied access
> to these directories with the effect of failing to connect to any
> connection. I had run the SUID backend as root to be able to establish
> a connection.
>
> Please note, I am only describing the consequences of an increased
> more stringent security. I am NOT pleading the distribution to change
> to please my whims. Manually, I am still able to connect as root with
> the backend. However, suggestions as to how I can access files with
> the frontend are most welcome.

smells like apparmor..., check dmesg for DENIED messages.
if that's the case, you'll need to either remove/disable/put in complain
mode only, apparmor. or put a profile for the failing applications in
/etc/apparmor.d/.

just 2c,
d.