:: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Waterfox issues under Devuan ASCII
Hi,

I upgraded Ascii to Beowulf and successfully used the new version of
Waterfox. However, there are certain issues like a missing copy of
dpkg-reconfigure. I also noticed that Beowulf now comes with more
stringent security. A side effect of the increased security caused my
version of simple-netaid-gui, the one coded under Lazarus, to fail in
accessing certain directories. The SUID backend is also denied access
to these directories with the effect of failing to connect to any
connection. I had run the SUID backend as root to be able to establish
a connection.

Please note, I am only describing the consequences of an increased
more stringent security. I am NOT pleading the distribution to change
to please my whims. Manually, I am still able to connect as root with
the backend. However, suggestions as to how I can access files with
the frontend are most welcome.

Thanks.