:: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Beowulf Beta is here!
Le 09/04/2020 à 16:13, dal a écrit :
> Hello and thanks for Beowulf.
>
> An issue:
>
> it looks like
>
>    devuan_beowulf_3.0.0_beta_amd64_netinstall.iso
>    and the base system installable from it

> do not contain the ifupdown package (nor other networking utilities besides busybox ip?).
>
> The resulting base installation remains offline.
> This is a more limited definition of a "base system" than it used to be, most probably unintentionally.

    I remember this was also the case in a previous version, wether
Jessie or Ascii. Obviously this isn't an issue when upgrading. I also
remind you that the startup delay caused by the timed-out activation of
the Ethernet interface (when not plugged in) is still there with the
default interfaces file. The solution is to remove the clause
"allow-hotplug eth0" and install ifupdown or the equivalent I have
forgotten the name of.

    Didier