:: Re: [DNG] libnetaid and simple-neta…
Author: Mike Schmitz
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] libnetaid and simple-netaid-cdk released!
On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 02:04:37PM +0000, aitor_czr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today i uploaded the first releases of libnetaid and simple-netaid-cdk.
> Here you are the packages:
>
> http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-cdk/simple-netaid.tar.gz
>
> Just install the packages appropriate to your architecture, add the
> following
>
> lines to the /etc/network/interfaces files:
>
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
>
> and run *simple-netaid-cdk* in the command line.

One thing I ran into right away, and took me a few tries before I
figured it out; I needed to quote my passphrase, since it has spaces. It
might be good to do that in your call to wpa-passphrase. It shouldn't
have taken as many tries as it did, since I just went through it with a
script I am working on (I am bulding a plugin for awesomewm to do this).

It also doesn't seem to store the passphrase anywhere, so the user would
still need to type it in every time.