:: Re: [DNG] libnetaid and simple-neta…
Author: aitor_czr
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] libnetaid and simple-netaid-cdk released!
Hi,

On 4/5/20 2:05 PM, aitor_czr wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> On 4/5/20 2:04 PM, aitor_czr wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Today i uploaded the first releases of libnetaid and simple-netaid-cdk.
>> Here you are the packages:
>>
>> http://gnuinos.org/simple-netaid-cdk/simple-netaid.tar.gz
>>
>> Just install the packages appropriate to your architecture, add the
>> following
>>
>> lines to the /etc/network/interfaces files:
>>
>> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
>>
>> and run *simple-netaid-cdk* in the command line.
>>
>> Simple-netaid uses ifupdown instead of dhclient for network
>> connections because
>> the first one, as opposed to dhclient, is also compatible with static
>> ip addresses.
>> I'm i wrong at this point?
>>
>> The Gtk2 packages will available soon. Recently I also started a
>> frontend in Qt5 for the LxQt
>> desktop environment.
>>
>> Cheers, and enjoy it... We need testers!
>>
>> Aitor.
>>
> Tested on beowulf.

Some more remarks:

- You need to run it with root permissions (for most of the features,
unless the "show details..." option).

- The "show details..." option will give you detailed information about
the current status of the network connection,
including whether the cable is plugged or not. But, while the unplug
event is detected immediately, the detection of
the plug event will take a few seconds (at least in my laptop). This
feature works without the requirement of netplug/ifplugd,
and it'll be useful for the "automatically connect" option.

- In the case of open networks, you must leave the password field in
blank. I was enable to test it because we are confined here (due to the
covid-19).

- Shortly, simple-netaid will be compatible with <hidden> wifis.

- Simple-netaid will work even if eudev renames your network devices,
being them quicked on the uptake.

- Internationalisation using xgettext and msginit are tasks ahead so far.

Cheers,

Aitor.