:: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Quoting al3xu5 / dotcommon (dotcommon@???):

> I think LXDE could be a good compromise for me, because it has openbox but it
> is faster to configure and more "close" in use for those who come from a
> different "ready-made" DM...

Be aware that LXDE is EOLed and pretty much has no future because of
being based on GTK2. The successor project, based on the Qt graphics
library instead -- where all the developer energy went -- is LXQt.

GTK2 has been, as to development, dead as a doornail since 2011. LXDE
is one of many projects who looked at the dismaying near-total rewrite
required for migrating to GTK3 (and GTK's increasing GNOME-centric
nature) and made the agonising decision to bail and migrated sideways to Qt.