:: [DNG] What can even possibly go wro…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: DNG
Subject: [DNG] What can even possibly go wrong?
Hi!

Just a little rant and feel free to ignore it.

systemd-homed… I hope none of it is ever implemented to elogind.

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-homed.service.html

https://systemd.io/USER_RECORD/

(just count the lines of that one… its utterly complex stuff)

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/homectl.html

NIH syndrome & what can even possibly go wrong?

I believe it is just a question of time until the first *grave* security
issue with that is revealed.

And the intended application of it: To use the own home directory on
different laptops? Why… at all… would I? Especially when one of those
laptops would be a device that I have otherwise no control over? I'd say
either I installed the laptop with Linux and thus trust it *or* it does
not ever see my $HOME.

But right on… extend Systemd until absurdity… maybe more people will see
the insanity in it.

Best,
--
Martin