:: Re: [DNG] What can even possibly go…
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] What can even possibly go wrong?
On Mar 12, 2020, Rowland penny via Dng wrote:
> Windows has something similar, they call it roaming profiles and that has
> its problems.

It's certainly useful in a "campus" environment, where you're quite
likely at a different computer all the time (i.e. grabbing whatever is
free in the computer lab to print your final paper).

But that's about the extent of it. Outside of college, I've only worked
one (1) job where the team would cycle through "whatever was available",
and that was while our real area (with close-enough-to-assigned seating)
was getting redone after a small incident with a water line.

> Why does it need over 21 thousand lines of code to do what I can do with
> small bash scripts and pam-mount ?

Because you can't hide data analytics in a 10 line bash script.

(The above is tongue in cheek. I really fear the day I'm proven right).

--
|_|O|_|