:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera s…
Author: Arthur D.
To: Pavel Machek
CC: Merlijn Wajer, maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera support, notifications
I doubt that if an unskilled worker did a paste of some inappropriate
licence to the package that Nokia provided for our use in Maemo, we are
forbidden to do something that's not expressly prohibited by the licence.

He (actually, I think it was her) could easily do this by a mistake.
It was taken from some old software and just mindlessly copy pasted.

Look, really, how can we know if something is forbidden if the corporation
which provided the files to our use didn't employ a qualified lawer to
write correct license to the packages they provided?

Anyway, we already host a package with the same license:
https://maedevu.maemo.org/leste/pool/main/o/osso-sounds/osso-sounds-ui_5.6%2B0m5_all.deb

I think, there should be more. We already violated the license you came up
with many times: hosting the package, doing maemo-leste images with these
files and so on.

So let's take an action, or stop wasting the time on unproductive things.

We either read a license and do exactly what's is written there without
our guesses or check all the packages we host for such doubtful license
files and remove such packages asap before Nokia lawers didn't came here
and imprisone us.

--
Best regards, Spinal