:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera s…
Author: Merlijn Wajer
To: Arthur D., Pavel Machek
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera support, notifications
Hi,

On 06/03/2020 21:39, Arthur D. wrote:
>> This software, including documentation, is protected ...
>
> I only see "software" and "documentation" words here.
> There's nothing about sound files here.
> Maybe you read a wrong copyright?
> This one doesn't protect sound files.

In general, I think, sounds, artwork and translation strings are Nokia
copyright. The catch is, I think, that when Nokia handed over
maintenance to the community, they gave maemo.org the ability to
host/redistribute those files. And we host under maemo.org.

Yes, it won't be "free as in freedom" (or whatever that means when it
comes to audio), but it might be good enough until we get everything
together.

Not a legal opinion, not a lawyer, etc, but this is how I've been
operating - theme wise, translation wise, etc.

Cheers,
Merlijn