:: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera s…
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Droid 4, camera support, notifications
Hi!

> > ...but I did not have any success. I'm not sure 'hints' are
> > passed correctly.
> >
> > I can get very short click using
> >
> > interface.SystemNoteDialog("Hello", 0, "ok")
> >
> > (but that only works on Maemo and is not really suitable for SMS).
>
> Honestly, I haven't tested the notifications with sound. I'd probably
> try to dig up C example, verify if that works, and then see if there is
> a problem with the Python bindings, or python code above.
>
> Feel free to create an issue on the bugtracker for this.

So far, I consider this my fault, but thanks :-).

> > If you get 3D to work, can I ask for an announcement? :-)
>
> Absolutely. I am planning to try the new work this weekend. I am not
> sure how stable it is, but if it is stable enough, perhaps we can try to
> package it. But I'll leave that up to Arthur, who's been spearheading
> the effort together with Tony.

I have my fingers crossed...

> > Would you have pointers to some kind of melodies I could use? So far
> > I'm using
> >
> > https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/tree/master/tones
> >
> > and looking for something better.
>
> Sorry to disappoint, but I am (currently) completely clueless when it
> comes to this. I just haven't dived into any of this at all.
>
> I've searched around for a bit just now but couldn't find much beyond
> the maemo ones: maemo-ringtones-*
>
> I still use the default ringtone, and I don't recall trying to change it
> before.

Ok, so best I could find is

maemo-ringtones-mr0

Unfortunately, copyright is .. crazy and worse than usual. We can't
use that.

Copyright (C) 2006 Nokia Corporation. All rights reserved.

Contact: Mitts Camilla <Camilla.Mitts@???>

This software, including documentation, is protected by copyright controlled by
Nokia Corporation. All rights are reserved.
Copying, including reproducing, storing, adapting or translating, any or all of
this material requires the prior written
consent of Nokia Corporation. This material also contains confidential informati
on which may not be disclosed to others
without the prior written consent of Nokia.

I guess this is usable source of the ringtones (but I'd prefer them in
musescore notation, so they can be edited, not as sounds).

https://puri.sm/posts/librem5-ringtone-contest-winners/

Best regards,
                                    Pavel