:: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-ov…
Author: tekHedd
To: Harald Arnesen via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-over-HTTPS for US
On Thu, Mar 5, 2020, at 2:18 PM, Florian Zieboll wrote:

> Which leads to an even deeper question: As we tend to move into the
> direction we look (think of learning a header or somersault or perhaps
> also of getting through a dangerous situation when driving a vehicle) -
> what does this mean for writing dystopia? [2] Fear is a bad adviser.

Well, it is said that people who read science fiction are better equipped to cope with new and unexpected situations. But humans are turning out to be very predictable and the situations are not new or unexpected when compared to Orwell.

The whole DNS vs DoH problem is another choice of "centralization and trust in authority" vs "decreased safety and trust in entities closer to home". The current trend is authoritarian. Orwell teaches us all about that. :)

The current trend in tech puts a lot of power in the hands of the root SSL authorities.