:: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-ov…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] FF now defaults to DNS-over-HTTPS for US

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 09:10:00 -0500
Dan Purgert <dan@???> wrote:

> On Mar 03, 2020, tekHedd wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 2, 2020, at 4:34 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > You say "Orwellian thinking" like it's a bad thing. :)
>
> I ... think ... you're joking? You're joking, right?

I think this is (going far off topic) a really good question, because I
am not sure, what "Orwellian thinking" actually is: Is it the thinking
of Orwell's antagonists, or is it Orwell's awareness of a /possible/
outcome of current [2] phenomenons?

Which leads to an even deeper question: As we tend to move into the
direction we look (think of learning a header or somersault or perhaps
also of getting through a dangerous situation when driving a vehicle) -
what does this mean for writing dystopia? [2] Fear is a bad adviser.

And is this really so off topic? I mean: Who's afraid of "badly
reinvented" concepts?!

Thinking aloud,
Florian

[1] Wow, the beauty of languages killing me, softly, once again:
    current (adj -> noun) -> drift / stream

[2] This is why I like the books of Marge Piercy ("Woman on the Edge of
    Time", "He, She and It") so much: She creates multiple, coexisting
    scenarios and thus gives the reader the possibility to compare and
    choose actively.

--
      \
       \\