:: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Hi Steve,

On 3/3/20 20:05, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Mar 2020 08:11:49 +0100
> "J. Fahrner via Dng"<dng@???> wrote:
>
>> Am 2020-03-01 23:07, schrieb aitor:
>>
>>> My vote is for tint2.
>> I also vote for openbox with tint2.
> Last night I installed tint2 on my OpenBox. Seems to work very nicely.
> The tint2conf configuration tool that ships with it is horribly
> incomplete, so config must be done manually via file edit and then
> applied via killall -SIGUSR1, which would be very difficult for
> non-power-users.
>
>> if you don't want to tediously configure it yourself, install
>> Bunsenlabshttps://www.bunsenlabs.org/ and then migrate it to Devuan.tint2) &
>> #(sleep 5s && tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc1) &
>> Bunsenlabs has a nice theme and helper scripts for the openbox menu.
>> It saves you a lot of work.
> That's good info, because tint2conf sucks.
>
> SteveT

It's possible to display several tint2 panels with different
configurations by adding:

tint2 &
tint2 -c ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc1 &

to your ~/.config/openbox/autostart file. The first one'll use
~/.config/tint2/tint2rc by default.

On the other hand, I'm aware that you are an openbox user, and maybe the
following logout
yad script will be useful for you:

https://sourceforge.net/p/yad-dialog/wiki/Examples/

It doesn't depend on dbus, as opposed to bunsenlabs logout dialog (at
least time ago),
developed by Corenominal.

Cheers,

Aitor.