:: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which DE?
Hi Jochen,

On 2/3/20 8:11, J. Fahrner via Dng wrote:
> Am 2020-03-01 23:07, schrieb aitor:
>
>> My vote is for tint2.
>
> I also vote for openbox with tint2.
>
> if you don't want to tediously configure it yourself, install
> Bunsenlabs https://www.bunsenlabs.org/ and then migrate it to Devuan.
> Bunsenlabs has a nice theme and helper scripts for the openbox menu.
> It saves you a lot of work.
>
> Jochen

I use the same configuration for tint2 than bunsenlabs (i'm registered
in both the english and spanish forums, and the currently non existent
www.bunsenlabs.es dominium
initially was paid by me years ago). On the other hand, I'm also working
on a launcher for tint2, named popupmenu, but i'm using it as a
replacement for the
default menu of openbox when you do a right click in the screen so far:

https://git.devuan.org/aitor_czr/popupmenu/blob/master/screenshot.png

Its response is immediate, since it's multithreaded and it's displayed
at the same time than the installed applications are hunted on the fly.
At this point I have he doubt about how to display this menu according
to the tint2 geometry. Johan Malm is also working on a similar project
named jgmenu
(the *sbuf* features used in simple-netaid have been taken from his
project):

https://github.com/johanmalm/jgmenu

This menu seems to use an unix socket for setting the (x, y)
coordinates, but i still didn't give it a try. I'd like to contact with
the author in order to deal
with this issue between us and the tint2 developers altogether.

Another alternative to the mentioned menus might be Steve Litt's dmenu:

http://troubleshooters.com/linux/ctwm/dmenu.htm

Cheers,

Aitor.